The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
This is the opportunity to be the holistic owner of the self serve channel at Intercom and report directly into the VP of Sales & Support. This individual will ensure that all Go-to-Market and R&D teams responsible for impacting the channel have visibility and alignment of current performance and any upcoming initiatives. This will be a highly cross functional role with the opportunity to work closely with and align our Sales, Customer Support, R&D, and Marketing teams. A successful Director, Self Serve will continue to expand and grow our footprint while improving customer and revenue retention and experience over time.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D and core Sales to manage the key KPIs within the self-serve business.
- Identify long and short term risks and opportunities; help cross functional team prioritize and align on a quarterly roadmap with specific goals.
- Partner with Marketing and R&D on Upsell and Cross Sell Strategy through product/self serve.
- Build strong cross functional relationships with sales and support to align on fluidity between the sales and self serve channel.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years of consulting or operations experience.
- Excellent strategic skills and ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan.
- Strong cross-functional communicator.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving ability.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience with a platform-based business.
- Direct experience working with R&D teams at product oriented companies.
- SaaS experience.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.