The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Join us as a key member of the Account Management team and employ your innovative ideas to grow our existing business. At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. You have the opportunity to set the new standard in sales by building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, while constantly seeking out new opportunities for growth and guaranteeing client retention.
We’re also a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there will continue to be opportunities for progression.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Strategically grow Intercom’s footprint across different teams, departments, and organizations within your book of accounts
- Evangelize our product by spearheading the growth and adoption of Intercom
- Build account plans for all of your customers and engage appropriate internal resources like Customer Success Managers, Sales Support Engineers, and Product Managers to deliver on those account plans
- Use innovative outreach strategies and data to engage customers with targeted messaging
- Manage the full sales cycle and deliver a consultative sales experience
- Maintain up-to- date knowledge of our product and processes
- Create your own demonstrations, tailored to your client needs
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities
- Track and report key metrics related to revenue, customer retention, and Intercom product usage
- Plan and run customer events
- Gather customer feedback and work cross-functionally to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with other Intercom teams: product, marketing, operations, and support to find innovative approaches to relationship management
- Engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years closing B2B sales experience
- SaaS experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing tech role (hunter or farmer)
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for driving customer success in a startup environment with companies of all sizes
- Strong time management
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious
- Flexible to travel
- Showcase ability to hunt within a closed book of accounts
- Demonstrate cross functional partnership management
Bonus skills and Attributes 🙌
- Ideally, you’ll have a proven track record of growing revenue in a book of business
- Ideally, you’ll have 1+ years outbound prospecting experience
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Mindfulness and Mental Health Programme
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom!