The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As our Director of Sales & Support Systems, you’ll play a mission-critical role in managing a team at Intercom that defines and executes on our systems strategy. As a member of the Sales and Customer Support Operations team, you will partner with sales and support leadership to build a tech stack enabling the organization to productively scale while delivering an exceptional user experience. We are a fast growing company that aims to change the way companies interact with their customers, and we are looking for someone who is excited to build out the underlying systems and tools and automate key business processes that will enable our Sales and Support teams to realize this vision.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage a team of process/systems analysts, engineers and systems administrators
- Partner with sales and support leaders and cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, finance and analytics to identify opportunities to improve our business practices and technical architecture
- Define the sales and support systems strategy, architecture, stack and roadmap driving operational and process excellence
- Lead and key participant in the conception, planning and implementation of strategic initiatives that require system and tools to achieve success at scale
- Drive the execution and delivery of Salesforce based solutions and related sales technology projects
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters, transparency, innovation and learning, while holding a high bar for delivering results
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5-8+ years of sales systems experience
- 2+ year of people management experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other tools in the sales and support stack
- Familiarity with Apex, Visualforce, and common language, preferable Ruby on Rails, Java, Python or Node
- Experience in high growth SaaS software environments
- Knowledge of sales process, support processes and quote-to-cash
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.