The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations team is looking for our first Total Rewards and Operations leader! We are looking for an experienced person to grow and build our Compensation and Core Ops team in the design, delivery, execution and measurement of compensation and operational programs for our global workforce. You will be empowered to grow and manage a team of total rewards and operations specialists and strategically partner with key stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a new team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our growing, global workforce!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead the design, building and scaling of Total Rewards programs, including the philosophy and structure, incentive plans, benefits strategy, and equity programs focused on attracting and retaining key talent across an increasingly diverse business and workforce.
- Influence global compensation philosophy and programs by owning and articulating the specific needs and market practices of each geography (SF, Chicago, Ireland, UK and Australia).
- Partner with executives, leaders and People Ops Business Partners on business specific compensation strategies.
- Lead the core operations group which include systems (HRIS), analytics, process improvements, mobility/relocations, visas, compliance and general operations of supporting a global workforce.
- Drive and own programs, systems and tools that help improve efficiencies to support a global workforce which include our HRIS, comp system, and People Ops team tools and systems.
- Define and track key metrics to analyze program trends and effectiveness and drive strategic design decisions based on data.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years experience in the Compensation field, ideally in a fast-growing, global tech company (plus if deep experience in SF and EMEA).
- 4+ years experience designing, developing, managing and facilitating total rewards programs with demonstrated competency and experience in areas of compensation including job evaluation methodologies, market evaluation, bonus/incentive and commission plan development, and legal/regulatory implications.
- Extensive experience in designing and improving operational efficiency with a high-degree of rigor and impact to support a growing global workforce.
- An experienced people leader with the ability to build and manage a team of varying levels.
- Proven ability to be an excellent communicator and collaborator and build relationships and credibility with business leaders and internal team-members.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment. Exceptional independent problem solving skills.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience building equity programs, ranging from early-stage to IPO stage.
- Experience designing and implementing a global HRIS system.
- Experience building robust insights and a people analytics program.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.