The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a FP&A manager to spearhead all things financial planning and analysis. This ambitious, self-motivated individual would independently drive work-streams across departments such as analyzing the top & bottom-line impact of sales / marketing / go-to-market initiatives, and/or creating recommendations for how to best drive incremental customer growth.
You’ll work closely with the heads of each department, own the reporting and tracking process, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic financial decisions. Additionally, you would assist in other FP&A ad hoc analyses and transitions in support of the finance team.
As an FP&A manager at Intercom must have a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics. MRR, Churn, CAC, and LTV are all common terms in our vocabulary, and should be a part of yours. Additionally, you should have some familiarity with how to read a P&L, and an ability to understand and synthesize company financials. As an a FP&A manager, you'll have the opportunity to work with every team at Intercom.
This is great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company. Only apply if you are hungry to take ownership over your work, and are excited by what Intercom is trying to achieve.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be absolute expert on all metrics of our business
- Be a trusted source and point-of-contact for the CEO, COO, CMO and sales leaders on our business performance
- Develop finance-led viewpoints on the efficiency of all large strategic initiatives across pricing, marketing & sales
- Proactively propose potential improvements to Intercom’s way of working
- Lead planning cycles with senior management and board of investors
- Support key Intercom initiatives, such as financing rounds, M&A, and investor relations
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience in a quantitative, finance or analytics role
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and ability to tailor style and content based on audience
- Unbeatable Excel skills
- Either SQL knowledge or a strong propensity to quickly learn SQL is a must
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.