The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Directly support the CEO and anticipate his needs by deeply understanding his priorities and ensuring his time is allocated appropriately.
- Provide administrative support in collaboration with the global Admin team, including calendar management involving high volume/complexity, frequent reprioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically manage time with your Executive, while skillfully and compassionately ensuring they have protected focus and personal time.
- Managing information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality, understanding Executive tone and personal brand, and ensuring the CEO is aware of status on all pending items.
- Book global travel (flights and hotels) and organize events, team offsites, board
- meetings, which includes clear communication to ensure a seamless experience.
- Inform your Exec of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews,
- birthdays, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries.
- Miscellaneous tasks and projects, a few will be personal in nature.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience working in tech startup for a busy team or executive.
- Familiarity with Google suite, Expensify, Slack, Mac.
- Experience scheduling international travel and organizing events, offsites, and board meetings.
- Experience collaborating with a global admin team.
- Proofreading experience and high attention to detail.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You’re inclusive by nature and organically organised, with a creative, problem-solving attitude, High IQ & EQ, and an eye for aesthetics in your workspace and work product.
- You’re approachable, positive and collaborative, always assuming best intent and willing to work hard to enable the success of those around you.
- Your are curious about the tech industry as a whole, and take pride in understanding all the meetings on calendar, their priority level, and what goal they’re attached to.
- Ability to grow strong, collaborative relationships with your Executive’s direct reports and the wider R&D, Admin, Recruiting and Leadership teams, through being perceptive, thoughtful, and handling feedback with positivity.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.