The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, with a particular focus on the EMEA region, partner with our senior sales, self serve, and support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the EMEA Sales & Support Operations Manager you will help drive the creation and execution of quarterly and annual revenue plans, analyze and share insights on key business trends, and design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity for the region. You will also play an important role in leading strategic & operational initiatives, both at the global and regional levels, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before. You are also able to work autonomously, yet collaboratively within a global team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner closely with senior leadership in Dublin and San Francisco to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve existing sales processes & operations
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentives and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data driven resolutions.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting (revenue & other KPIs) for the EMEA sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the region’s growth trajectory
- Assist in all facets of global & regional sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount, and sales plan
- Gather regional requirements and project manage changes to our sales and support technology that result in improvements in sales and support rep productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with regional sales leadership, customer support, marketing and finance to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience in Sales Operations; start-up & SaaS experience preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving abilities
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Familiarity and comfort with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.