The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom's first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Intercom brand, creating a great first impression, and building momentum for not only the sales team, but the company as a whole. We’re in the early days of building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We're looking for people who are excited to work in a fast moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- Working closely with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 🛠️
- 0-3 years of work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- Strong organization and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!