The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Emerging & Small Business Account Manager role at Intercom is a sales account management role where reps work with a few hundred of our mid-size customers whose annual spend totals in the millions of dollars.
You will be joining a high-impact and visibility team that was started over a year ago. This team has been tremendously successful, already driving millions of dollars of business growth over the last three quarters, and we're ready to start growing our all-star group. Reps on our team have grown their sales acumen and negotiation skills with a broad set of customers in the process. Creative problem solvers are welcome -- ours is a team that moves fast, where the best idea at the table wins. We encourage strategic thinkers and solutions-oriented sales professionals to grow your strategic skills and uplevel our team in the process. If this sounds like you -- it’s a great time to join!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Each works with a book of customers to expand the commercial spend, broaden their usage, and drive retention
- Pair a consultative approach with a true sales focus, prioritizing your book of customers by applying rigorous time-management
- Negotiating customer contracts
- Closing expansion deals
- Use innovative outreach strategies and data to engage customers at scale
- Develop best practices as an early member of the fast-growing team (think “startup within a startup”)
What skills do I need? 📖
- Required: 1-3 years sales experience with at least 1 year in a closing role (SaaS highly preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented with with the ability to think strategically and make recommendations
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious
- Ability to manage time efficiently, as well as a high volume of customers
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with an interest in building a high-performing account management team
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!