The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior customer support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As a Customer Support Operations Analyst you will drive the development and execution of key business initiatives within the Customer Support organization, including using a hands-on and data driven approach to assess process improvement and management activities, developing and recommending alternative solutions, determining new/revised performance metrics, obtaining leadership and stakeholder alignment, monitoring post-execution performance, and ultimately helping enhance overall productivity and scaling our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, an eye for being able to look at things end-to-end, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Understand Intercom’s Customer Support operating model and objectives and how they translate into standardized and efficient performance metrics & business processes.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and solutions for our Support use cases and how that interacts with and influences our data and processes.
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that improve the internal effectiveness of our Customer Support team and the end-to-end customer experience on a global scale.
- Gather requirements and project manage changes to our support technology, including our internal use of Intercom, that result in improvements in support productivity and ability to provide best-in-class service.
- Support regular reporting for the organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the team and company’s trajectory.
- Establish strong working relationships with customer support leadership, support enablement, product, engineering and finance to improve overall operations and how the company delivers our customer support experience.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Deep interest in learning about how our products work and their real-life applications to achieve business goals
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in SQL and other visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- 2+ years experience in a Support Operations and/or an analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!