The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior sales & support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Intercom for Intercom Program Manager, you will be breaking new ground and helping us evangelize and drive towards becoming the best users of our own products and solutions to drive growth, efficiency and great customer experiences . You will be responsible for designing and developing the end-to-end program for how we adopt Intercom solutions for our Sales & Support use cases, which will include establishing clear goals & objectives, understanding key “problems to be solved”, determining the right applications of our solutions against these, developing & executing on an implementation approach, monitoring the health of our engagement on an on-going basis, and working very closely with cross-functional partners to collaborate and share feedback.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker who is analytically driven, with an eye for being able to look at things holistically, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Understand Intercom’s Sales & Support operating models and objectives and how they translate into standardized and efficient performance metrics & business processes.
- Based on the above, understand our internal needs & opportunities alongside developing a deep understanding of our products and solutions across Sales & Support use cases.
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable solutions that improve the internal effectiveness of both our Sales and Customer Support teams, and the end-to-end customer experience on a global scale.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, evangelize ideas, and project manage changes around our adoption of Intercom solutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with sales & customer support leadership, customer solutions, enablement, marketing, product, and engineering to improve overall operations.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Deep interest in learning about how our products work and their real-life applications to achieve business goals
- Ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen and process expertise to define & execute large scale programs
- Ability to influence & gain buy-in at multiple levels, across teams, functions and working styles; high level of comfort working with senior management
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- 5+ years experience in a Product/Technical Program management role
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, and other visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!