The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a product-first technology company, spread across five offices in Chicago, Dublin, London, San Francisco, and Sydney an excellent IT function is critical to our company’s success. We are looking to hire an hands-on IT Experience Lead to join our IT team in San Francisco. If you’re passionate about providing employees with the tools they need to do the best job possible, you’re a technology enthusiast looking for excellence in everything you do and want to work for the best product-focused software company of our generation - then this is the role that will shape and grow your career.
The IT Experience Lead will focus beyond the everyday running of things and have a mindset of growth, scalability and security that will influence the overarching decisions made by the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage a team of 3 IT Experience Specialists. At Intercom, we take management seriously, creating systems to ensure Intercomrades’ success, as well as coaching our team to top performance.
- Provide hands-on support to our San Francisco office and to Intercomrades worldwide.
- Be the bridge between the Specialist team and the needs of the business.
- Be the liaison of the IT Experience team with the Infrastructure team, working with them to create internal tools that will impact the daily work of the Experience Specialists.
- Synchronize regularly with counterparts in the Dublin office to ensure consistency and quality.
- Support automation and self-service initiatives to drive better support options to our Intercomrades.
- Champion technology adoption and spreading awareness of apps, services and tools that IT provides our Intercomrades.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience leading (and 1+ years managing) a team of IT experience specialists
- Experience and comfort working with peers across disciplines to provide status on new projects, as well as work in progress.
- Ability to own Audio/Video and Video Conference systems across our offices. This includes technologies like Google Hangouts, Zoom, RingCentral and hardware like TVs, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, etc. and assist employees getting the most out of them.
- Knowledge of hosted productivity and communications applications, for example G Suite, Trello, Basecamp, and the ability to train and help employees on their use.
- Knowledge of administration of Mac OSX and familiarity with Apple computer hardware.
- Windows OS and PC hardware experience
- Possess wonderful passion for what you do, eager to learn and improve, and excited about technology and the future of the Internet.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- ITIL certification(s)
- Experience supervising remote employees
- Project management and fitout/office build experience
- Training experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!