The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What is the opportunity 🧐
We’re looking for a product-focused trainer to join our Product Education team. Your primary focus will be to create and deliver training materials to Intercom customers. Your overarching mission; to retain current customers and expand their usage of Intercom.
This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully influence how our customers experience Intercom. The digital content you create will educate our many thousands of customers.
From day 1, you’ll work to gain an encyclopedic knowledge of how all Intercom products work. Nobody at Intercom will have a better understanding of our products than you. And as our team continues to grow, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and to drive new initiatives.
Our content is far more than FAQs and ‘how-tos’. Our customers depend on us for best-practice and motivational content. You’ll garner an intimate understanding of our customers and their JTBD.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Your time will be mostly split between:
- Delivering live online training and webinars. Training sessions will include: product demos, thought leadership, best practice training, leading group discussions, and live Q&A about product and/or strategy.
- Designing engaging training decks and writing scripts.
- Researching and gaining a deep understanding of our latest product offerings.
- Managing training follow-up tasks like; business impact measurement, reporting, and Q&A follow-ups.
- Writing help documentation and creating how-to screencasts.
You’ll collaborate with many teams across Intercom; staying on top of product roadmaps, marketing campaigns, and customer support initiatives.
Note: This role requires some flexibility around working hours as you’ll be delivering live training sessions to customers on the west coast of the US. This means you’ll be required to work until approximately 7pm, once or twice per week to facilitate these sessions but you will be given rest time/changes to your working hours to facilitate these.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You’re a strong, engaging and confident public speaker. You’re in your comfort zone presenting to a large group. This is paramount.
- You have 2+ years experience working for a software company in product, marketing, sales, or support.
- You have experience designing digital content. Your tools of choice don’t matter; we’re looking for someone with a creative streak and a keen eye for a strong aesthetic.
- You’re a storyteller, with a talent for sparking interest in any subject. You know this starts from having empathy with your audience.
- You write clearly and succinctly, with a talent for simplifying abstract concepts. (We care deeply about this one).
- While there’ll be a lot of variety in this role, you’ll have the ability to maintain a positive, upbeat energy through multiple training sessions each week.
- People would describe you as inquisitive, ambitious, and with a growth-oriented mindset.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You have a proven record of creating successful product content that had a measurable business impact.
- You’ve worked in a customer training role of some description; where you taught users of a software product.
- Experience creating product demo videos
- Experience with Adobe’s creative suite
- Experience using Intercom
Before you apply!
- If your background is in internal L&D / training, or in an field unrelated to software, we’re less likely to consider you over someone who’s created educational content for users of a software product.
- Clarity of writing follows clarity of thought. For any role on the Product Education team, it’s important you write well. Please craft a well-written and thoughtful cover letter. It's the first time we get to learn a little bit about who you are and how you think.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Mindfulness and Mental Health Programme
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom!