The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Do you love moving quickly to solve an issue or identify a growth opportunity? … collaborating with technical and non-technical colleagues to accomplish challenges large and small? … working across the full stack to solve a short-term issue while also solving for the long-term? If so, you’re in the right place. We’re looking for an engineer to work alongside our marketing teams, building solutions to problems of varying scope, across Intercom’s public sites, application, and internal systems.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Collaborate on a team of developers, marketers, producers, and more to transform ideas into reality, building and supporting systems to fuel our company’s 🚀 growth.
- Work regularly across all parts of our stack, coding in Intercom’s products, internal systems, and marketing sites.
- Have pride in the quality of your work. Join us to do the best work of your career.
- Have regular opportunities and support for career growth. We’re in it for the long haul, with a strong track record of creating new opportunities for our team to try new things and take on new challenges.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Hands-on experience building sites with HTML, CSS and JS. We love and use frameworks and design systems, but you need to understand the rudiments.
- 1+ year of experience with server-side code and frameworks (we use Ruby on Rails for many things, but familiarity with any server-side work is okay)
- An ability to build and maintain reusable components and full-stack applications
- Well-versed in use of event handlers for form submissions, scrolljacking, etc.
- Experience working with tools like Intercom, Marketo, Google Tag Manager, and more.
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working on a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with design systems
- Technologies we employ:
- Rails asset pipelines
- PWAs, complex images, advanced animation
- webpack, babel, and npm/yarn
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!