The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, retention and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Business Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Intercom brand, creating a great first impression, and building momentum for not only the sales team but the company as a whole. We’re in the early days of building a world-class sales organisation, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Business Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We’re looking for people who are excited to work in a fast-moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Creating and prioritising strategic target account lists with Account Executives
- Generating new business pipeline for Account Executives
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- Strong desire to be in Sales and build a career with Intercom
- 1-2 years of customer-facing work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +)
- Prospecting skills (cold calling,email,social), business sales experience
- Proven record of success and hitting KPI's
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Strong organisation and time management
- Proactive, collaborative and coachable
- Intellectually curious and problem solving
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse.
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.