The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, we want to break the norms and define ‘a new outbound’.
You’ll have the opportunity to craft a brand new sales motion for a fast growing, product driven SaaS business. We’re just getting started - and we see outbound as key component of our longer term growth.
As an Outbound Sales Development Representative at Intercom, you're someone that thrives in competitive customer facing situations. You draw energy from seeking out and selling into new prospects, and you have a keen aptitude for best in class qualification and discovery - helping to deliver mutual success to both your business and your clients.
We’re looking for those that excel in a fast paced and autonomous environment.
You’ll be a principal contributor to the Intercom EMEA outbound strategy, helping to build the content, tool set and processes that’ll secure your team a strong and reliable pipeline.
If you’re driven, persistent, have a passion for delivering value to your customers, want to build your own path in rapidly growing tech company, and refuse to shy away from a challenge - we want to talk to you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Generating and nurturing your own book of relevant/high-potential prospects
- Working in close partnership with Intercom’s Mid Market/Enterprise Account Executives
- Creating and taking to market your own outbound campaigns. Spanning email, events, calls, video, referrals etc
- Qualifying and presenting to prospects in order to assess mutual fit and build a relevant sales pipeline for Account Executives
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Building an outbound playbook in partnership with our Demand-Generation, Account Executive and Content teams
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- 1+ years of sales experience (technology/SaaS experience is a +), with a record of strong performance
- Previous outbound sales experience - with a track record of success
- Strong analytical, influencing, and communication skills, with the ability to consult upon the complex business needs of your prospects
- Experience in developing and/or influencing an outbound sales strategy
- Keen interest in technology and a best in class SaaS sales practise
- Highly driven and familiar in working in a fast paced and scrappy environment
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
If you have experience working in a larger corporate environment in the technology industry and you’re looking to make a move to a smaller yet fast-growing company, then we’d like to hear from you!
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.