The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Launched in summer 2015, the Inside Intercom podcast has been hugely successful at bringing the Intercom brand to a wider audience. The show recently passed 1 million downloads. Guests have included senior leaders from companies we admire and respect like Facebook, Twitter, Stripe, Slack, Dropbox and Shopify.
We’re now looking for an intrepid storyteller who is passionate about connecting with technology and business leaders and helping them tell engaging stories through our Inside Intercom podcast. He or she should have a keen sense of how good narratives are formed and demonstrate an ability to build audiences through insightful interviews and conversations. This person will own our audio strategy for growing awareness of Intercom among target customer segments.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Podcast Producer you will be:
- Identifying external guests and internal subject matter experts for our podcast, and scheduling them for the show.
- Matching podcast guests with Intercom experts who are best suited to interview them, or interviewing guests yourself in a manner that reflects the Intercom voice & tone
- Working with our audio engineer to produce the podcast
- Promoting our podcast, in partnership with other functions like Social Media and Demand Generation
- Finding creative ways to test new audio formats or repurpose audio content into written content to grow our audience
- Coaching and training Intercom team members on podcast hosting, interviewing, and research
- Reporting out on the reach and impact of the audio program
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3-5 years experience developing stories and editorial content for radio, podcast, or other multimedia formats
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the software industry
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Basic audio editing and recording experience is preferred but not essential (we work with one of the best audio engineers in the business)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!