The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom helps thousands of businesses connect with hundreds of millions of users every day, and we’re just getting started. As we grow, we need people who can get their heads around the complex environment in which we operate, figure out what we need to do, and do it. We are looking for someone who exhibits the intellectual curiosity, rigor, and self-awareness needed to take on challenges that span the breadth of our business.
You’ll work on high-level problems that have great impact on Intercom and our future trajectory. In the process, you’ll drive key decisions and initiatives, collaborate with stakeholders across the company, and get your hands dirty. You'll have executive-level visibility and a finger on the pulse of the overall business. You’ll serve as an exemplar and mentor. You’ll develop the skills you need to start and lead your own team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Business Operations works, by necessity, on the highest impact business problems we face. You'll take on complex, interesting projects, which will require:
- Gathering relevant context and data to inform the right course of action
- Building consensus and driving to a decision on the right course of action
- Seeing resulting initiatives through to a successful outcome
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders (Finance, Marketing, R&D, Sales, Support, etc)
Some examples of the kinds of projects you could work on:
- Developing a structured process for go-to-market stakeholders to prioritize product requirements as an input to the product roadmap
- Shaping a coherent articulation of our long-term strategy with the executive team and deriving company objectives actionable in ~2 years
- Contributing to a cross-functional effort to rethink our pricing from the ground up and helping to drive the resulting implementation work
As the above list suggests, you should enjoy variety in your work, be comfortable with ambiguity and have an insatiable drive to make an impact.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience within a technology company, SaaS preferable.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and extremely organized with strong project management skills.
- Familiar with Excel and/or other analytical tools such as SQL.
- Be willing to learn and absorb a large amount of information
- Ability to travel internationally
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!