The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Manager, Business Development is a brand new role at Intercom. Reporting to the VP of Sales you will help develop Intercom’s global co-selling and referral selling strategy, drive bookings and enable long-term customer success with our strategic partners. Your key KPIs will be tied to new business generated from strategic partnerships.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Identify, evaluate and manage commercial and GTM partners for Intercom across the Sales, Support and Marketing spaces and maintain strong relationships with decision makers.
- Collaborate with sales team to drive expansion and new revenue via agencies and technology partners and enable sales team on co-selling and referral selling programs.
- Structure, negotiate and execute on deals with the goal of driving additional revenue streams to Intercom.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Intercom’s customers, products and market landscape.
- Collaborate with the sales leadership and platform partnership teams to define implementation and integration partner strategy and comprehensive GTM plans.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of business development or strategic partnerships/alliances experience most of which has been in a SaaS environment.
- Successful track record of partnering with agencies or SaaS technology partners and driving new bookings for an organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning and effective sales/operations management.
- Must be able to collaborate with the sales team, the platform partnership team and senior stakeholders across Intercom.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and execute on GTM strategies, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!