The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a seasoned Brand Producer to lead the Design Operations function of
our Brand Studio. You’ll be collaborating with a team of designers, developers, writers
and illustrators who are evolving our brand into something that radically stands out
amongst tech companies. You will also be directly responsible for managing a small but
mighty team of Producers. We do not want to be mistaken for just another startup - we
need someone who is willing to take risks with us and your role within Brand Design will
play a big part in achieving this.
You’ll lead the team that manages projects spanning digital and interaction design,
identity design, art direction, print, advertising and event design.
You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, content strategists, and
researchers. You’ll also work cross-functionally with the Marketing, growth, Product, and
Research teams with former employees of Google, Apple, Facebook and others.
We’re prepared to invest heavily to build both a world-class creative team and a unique,
special brand. For the right person, this is a career-defining opportunity to get in early
and make your mark.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead and manage a team of 3 Brand Producers who manage the Brand Design team
- Be part of the Design Leads group that works to provide leadership on high-level
projects that affect the trajectory of the Brand Design team. These include career
planning, performance reviews, recruiting and individual and team growth.
- Understand where each piece of the puzzle fits inside the bigger system. You can
identify opportunities to create sustainable and scalable solutions that consider the
operative side of design and how it relates to the bigger picture strategic team and
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners at Intercom and external
vendors, establishing credibility across all workstreams.
- Devise ways to improve communication and processes within the brand design team,
creating reusable processes to take projects from brief to production. You stay
up-to-date with the latest tools to drive ever-increasing efficiency in the workflow.
- You are an evangelist for the Brand Studio within the industry and creative
community. You work to build connections and build a diverse pipeline of candidates
to fuel recruitment efforts.
What skills do I need? 📖
Strong people management, organizational and communication skills.
Experience leading projects that require coordinating timelines between design and
our cross-functional partners making smart, objective decisions between competing
Passion for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Experience managing projects in a variety of mediums, including digital and
interactive design, experience design and print.
Fluency in the basic concepts and terminology of modern web design and
Experience with event management and examples of written pieces are nice to have!
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You have experience scaling a team.
- Experience working on photo, video or animation.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!