The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Work at a company with a deep love of content who set the standard for business messaging and who continues to set the bar for making internet business personal. Linguistic and conversational design opportunities don’t get better than this. You will be working with our product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure our product interface content serves our customers and helps our business thrive.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Understand the language at the heart of the product
- Help refine concepts and definitions within our system
- Create more efficient structures that help our customers do their jobs
- Evolve our tone of voice to make sure it always feels personal and considered
- Work side by side with designers, product managers and engineers, research and analytics, shipping iteratively every week.
- Collaborate with other content professionals of every stripe — in marketing our product, sustaining our blog, or writing our documentation — to ensure our chorus of voices creates a seamless user experience.
What skills do I need? 📖
- A strong content and/or linguistic background
- A strong understanding of design including behaviour patterns and system design
- You have an understanding of how to design simple user interfaces
- You’re able to think deeply about why and how language and interfaces work together, and you have a strong understanding and clear point of view of the impact of language on design
- You’re an excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with designers and engineers
- You’re an excellent communicator and can make and support your decisions firmly and rationally
- You’re organised and have worked in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!