The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
If you get really excited about asking the right questions, exploring patterns in data and surfacing actionable insights that drive strategic decisions, join our Analytics & Data Science team as a Senior Product Analyst. This role will enable you to drive key data projects that directly impact our customers and millions of end users who communicate via Intercom daily.
Our team of product analysts & data scientists work on diverse problems in the data space: we're questioning Intercom’s robust data sets to provide insights that inform our product roadmap, we're building an experimentation platform and a central repository for core company metrics, we’re improving reporting and data tooling for the whole company, we’re partnering with Data Engineers to improve data pipelines and we're building predictive models to drive business and product impact. We're trusted partners and advisors across R&D. And we have a strong culture of learning and feedback so if you join our team you will have plenty of opportunities to innovate, upskill, share knowledge and mentor others across our team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll collaborate with a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers to democratize data across Intercom and to foster a culture of measurement, metrics and experimentation
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the product and the flow of data through the product. You’ll measure the success of our product iterations and product launches. You'll conduct exploratory analyses to surface core patterns of product usage.
- You’ll understand and influence our product roadmap and translate it into impactful analytics projects
- You’ll develop hypotheses, design and conduct controlled experiments and make concrete product recommendations based on experiment outcomes
- You’ll share your findings and concrete recommendations across the company and champion the use of data to drive product directions
- You'll lead strategic projects at the team, product and company level, building strong partnerships throughout the company.
- You'll lead by example, influence our team and culture and you'll help shape what a great Analytics & Data Science organization looks like!
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative analysis role, preferably working closely with product teams (e.g. data analyst, product analyst, data scientist)
- BA/BS or MS degree preferably in quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- Excellent SQL skills (3+ years hands on experience) and experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Good knowledge of statistics
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis that drives impact with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Experience with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Superset and Looker
- Nice to have is experience building predictive / ML models, data pipelines and / or frameworks for sharing skills/knowledge across data teams :)
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.