The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is fast approaching 850 employees across 5 offices (San Francisco, Dublin, London, Chicago, and Sydney). We moved into a new space in Chicago, London and Sydney and have expanded in San Francisco and Dublin. We are looking for a creative, organized, self starter to lead and manage the global real estate strategy, IT experience and office experience teams!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Create the workplace vision to help Intercom develop its long term labor and location strategy into an actionable expansion plan
- Own the real estate strategy, search, transaction negotiations, and buildout of all Intercom offices (San Francisco, Dublin, London, Chicago, Sydney)
- Own bottoms-up budgeting process for capital and operating budgets related to the fiscal operating plan and long-range plan (LRP)
- Ensure the in-office experience across all offices align to our company culture and values and offers a thoughtful and engaging work environment
- Oversee our vendor relationships and manages all outsourced service providers and vendors including food services, project management, landlords and facility management
- Develop organizational policies relevant to the Real Estate, Facilities Operations, and Corporate Services teams & drive efficiency in office procedures and processes to enhance service quality
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure Business Continuity
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ years experience leading a global workplace organization involving complex operational and strategic initiatives and working closely with multiple global stakeholders at all levels to achieve impact
- Expertise facilitating alignment across diverse stakeholders, enabling and accelerating change across a global and complex company
- Extensive experience managing teams and individuals in remote locations
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Ability to travel to other office locations
- Passionate about creating an efficient and effective work space in a high-tech work environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!