What's the opportunity? 🤔
If you get really excited about asking the right questions and exploring patterns in data, join our Analytics & Data Science team as a Product Analyst. This role will enable you to define key metrics, build actionable dashboards and surface compelling insights that drive product changes directly impacting our customers and millions of end users who communicate via Intercom daily.
Our team of product analysts work on diverse problems in the data space: we’re questioning Intercom’s robust data sets to provide insights that inform our product roadmap, we’re building an experimentation platform, we’re improving reporting and data tooling for the whole company, we’re partnering with Data Engineers to improve data pipelines. We love learning - working with us, you will have plenty of opportunities to innovate, upskill and share knowledge across the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll collaborate with a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers to democratize data across Intercom and to foster a culture of measurement, metrics and experimentation
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the product and the flow of data through the product. You’ll measure the success of our product iterations
- You’ll understand and influence our product roadmap and translate it into impactful analytics projects
- You’ll develop hypotheses, design and conduct controlled experiments and make concrete product recommendations based on experiment outcomes
- You’ll share your findings and concrete recommendations across the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- 1-2 years experience in data analyst role in the software domain, preferably working closely with product teams
- BA/BS or MS degree preferably in quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- Strong SQL skills (1+ years hands on experience is a must)
- Basic grasp of statistics
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- Experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Experience with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Superset and Looker
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.