The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a creative leader to invent and run an integrated system of self-serve educational channels. Your overarching mission will be to increase revenue among our existing customers by driving deeper engagement with our products. You’ll do this by communicating the benefits and superiority of Intercom’s solutions (and our partners’ solutions) to our customers. You’ll own the creation of training, certification, cross and up-sell webinars, and more.
This function doesn’t exist at Intercom today. This is an exciting opportunity to create something from the ground up. After an initial onboarding period (~3 months) you’ll lead a team of 2 initially, and likely grow that team over time. You’ll essentially run your very own startup within a startup. Partnering with our demand generation and product teams, you’ll ensure our educational content integrates fully both within our product, and our lifecycle marketing strategy. You’ll get to very meaningfully impact our customers’ experience, and in turn, our bottom line.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This role will evolve into a strategic leadership position as your function and team grows, but in your first 1-2 years, you’ll be mostly defining and then executing on strategies to drive expansion and retention revenue. These will include, but not be limited to:
- Researching and designing training course curricula, aimed at Intercom customers.
- Creating and delivering course content to our customers via webinars, messages, and in-person.
- Defining and then executing on a launch strategy for Intercom Training (sample here).
- Defining and then executing on a launch strategy for “Intercom Certification”.
- Partnering with our Lifecycle marketing team on strategic initiatives to drive account retention and expansion.
- Collaborating with people from all across Intercom, in particular Demand Generation and the R&D organization, you’ll form partnerships that will help you better solicit and deliver world class course content.
We’re looking for someone unique, who ticks all of the following boxes:
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years professional experience in the technology (preferably software) industry.
- You have have a demonstrable track record of driving business results (e.g., activation, retention, expansion). Ideally, you did this via customer education initiatives.
- You’re entrepreneurial by nature, resourceful and you’re energised by tough challenges. People would say you’re resilient, and treat problems like puzzles to be solved.
- You have experience developing training course content and public speaking about technology (and you have examples on video to show us). Training might never have been your full-time role, but you're definitely passionate about it. You’re a confident, engaging speaker, and put your listeners at ease.
- You have genuine empathy and love to teach people concepts that’ll help them grow.
- You’re a storyteller, with a talent for sparking interest in any subject, and you know this starts from having empathy with your audience. You write clearly and succinctly, with a talent for simplifying abstract concepts. (We care deeply about this one).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Ideally, you’ve managed people before.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.