The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join our team in Dublin or London. You'll own our visual design aesthetic and lead the creative direction of our product as it evolves. You’ll collaborate with our cross-functional teams (Product Designers, Product Engineers, Product Managers) and our Brand Design team to bring world class, on-brand visual design to the Intercom product.
Intercom is a design-driven company. Two of our founders (our CEO and CSO) were designers. Our VP of Product was a designer. Most of our product managers were designers. Members of our design team have already joined us from teams at Facebook, Google, GitHub, Yandex, and a range of respected agencies and startups. With a strong design culture, many smart people to learn from and complete buy-in from the very beginning, this is a place where you will have the opportunity to do the very best work of your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You'll work within our Design Systems team to:
- Do both hands on design work and provide creative direction of our product’s visual design.
- Own and drive the effort to up-level visual design quality in our web and mobile apps.
- Bring our brand design into our product in a way that is thoughtful, intentional and systematic. Establish a direction which balances the personal tone of our brand with the utility of our product. Form a strong relationship with our Brand Design team.
- Produce style tiles, mood boards, mockups and other explorations that push the aesthetic of our product to be more coherent, more modern and more beautiful.
- Give thoughtful and actionable visual design feedback to our Product Designers.
- Work closely with Engineers to implement your designs at a high degree of quality.
Our Design Systems team is based in Dublin, but the candidate can work from either our Dublin or London office. We're more than happy to generously relocate the right candidate to either location, including significant others, kids, pets, etc! Most of our designers have come from outside of Ireland. People from San Francisco, London, Paris, Moscow, and many other places have relocated to Dublin and joined us on our hyper growth journey.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Highly refined visual design skills and the ability to communicate the rationale & intent behind decisions.
- Strong understanding of classic graphic design principles and how to apply them.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- Ability to generate attractive ideas in a wide range of visual styles.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone.
- Incredible eye for detail. You value quality and polish in the work that you and your team produce.
- You are an excellent self starter who's hungry for learning.
- You thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.