The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations (HR) Associate Business Partner is a key member of the People Operations team in helping support a great employee experience! We are looking for a bright “people person” with a strong generalist background who excels in key areas of business partnership, employee relations, implementing programs to drive employee engagement and onboarding. This role will closely partner with other BPs supporting the larger Sales & Support organization and will report to the BP Manager (based in SF). You will play an integral role in supporting and driving an engaged employee experience and HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing teams in our new Sydney office!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be a strategic business partner to leaders by supporting managers and employees in matters related to career development, staffing, employee relations, performance management and employee engagement
- Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points and stages
- Drive and support performance management processes across the business
- Conduct and own the new hire and onboarding experience, looking for ways to enhance and personalize it
- Partner with the BP team to evaluate and improve process and programs
- Oversee and support various training programs
- Manage sensitive offboarding conversations and exits
- Oversee documentation and retention measures, always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Support the payroll and benefits programs for the local team
- Own the in-office employee experience and support the administrative and office needs of the employees
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting sales & technical support teams
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and managers
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing; performance management and change management
- Knowledge of local HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited university, highly desired
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- A competitive salary
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews: great work is rewarded!
- Work from home while contributing meaningfully to a very fast growing and dynamic startup
- Flexible holidays
- Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us, we’re flexible :)