The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom helps thousands of businesses connect with hundreds of millions of users every day, and we’re just getting started.
This role is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our Emerging Business Accounts team. This team is paving the way for customer retention, expanding revenue, and onboarding hundreds of Intercom’s customers with an annual spend in the millions. This is a chance to drive real impact early in your career at a fast-growing “rocketship” company, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. To accomplish these goals, you will employ innovative account management and customer success strategies, including targeted outreach to segments of companies, running webinars, and working 1-1 with customers to solve their business problems.
Your day to day will be fast paced and focused on engaging with a high number of exciting accounts. You will use your innovative thinking skills and intelligent risk-taking to make an impact and rapidly develop your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Deliver targeted outreach and expert product knowledge to existing Intercom customers, at a large scale
- Grow customer accounts and work to ensure customer retention at scale
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer growth and retention
- Negotiate, maintain, and deliver new business goals and plans for existing customers
- Collaborate with other Intercom teams: product, marketing, operations and support, to find innovative approaches to relationship management
What skills do I need? 📖
- Required: 1-3 years B2B sales experience
- Required: SaaS experience - a minimum of 1 years in an applicable SaaS tech role
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to become a product expert and demonstrate its value to customers via multiple mediums
- Growth mindset, intellectual curiosity and ambition
- Exceptional time management
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.