The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Compensation & Benefits Manager, you will play a key role in the design, implementation, and advancement of company-wide compensation and rewards programs. You will help shape the future direction of total rewards at Intercom and have the opportunity to work closely with the business.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to roll up your sleeves and work hands-on while simultaneously provide strategic direction in program development to a fast-growing, highly innovative and evolving company. This role will work closely with and report to the Director of People Operations.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Participate in the design, development, and administration of multifaceted compensation programs across our diverse employee populations across multiple geographies (US, Ireland, UK, Australia)
- Participate in the design and administration of benefit programs including healthcare, dental, 401k, and brokerage relationships globally
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new hires and existing employees
- Partner with our BPs to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues
- Manage relationships with external consultants to ensure continued access to relevant market data and trends
- Develop communication materials and lead manager training to educate employees on Intercom’s compensation philosophies and programs
- Own payroll processing for US employees in addition to payroll, benefits, compliance and workers’ compensation audits
- Own and build a compensation platform
What skills do I need? 📖
- B.A./B.S. in a related field with 6+ years of progressive compensation experience
- Experience leading a team of specialized ICs
- Balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment with a strong sense of urgency to drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively interpret data and create meaningful, understandable models, reports and metrics
- Think creatively through ambiguity and are flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs, while remaining creative and innovative with both your team and partners
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!