The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, the Analytics & Data Science team partners with every function in the organization in order to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly-minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
In this role, you will work with go-to-market teams across Intercom (including Sales, Marketing, Finance, and R&D) to measure new initiatives, make data-driven recommendations around go-to-market strategy, and keep a finger on the pulse of our business. Specific projects our team works on include understanding how users respond to new pricing, analyzing the customer signup experience, measuring the performance of paid advertising campaigns, prioritizing the leads our sales team should reach out to, and many more.
In addition to being strong analytically, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment with many different stakeholders, and who can work across the analytics and data stack in order to solve problems and produce insightful analyses. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Evaluating the performance of our go-to-market strategy by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (CAC, LTV, churn, etc.)
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and providing guidance on changes
- Creating dashboards and models that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Acting as a partner for other teams at Intercom in order to increase familiarity with and use of our data, and set a high bar for analytics across the organization
- Building reusable data pipelines for company-wide use
- Performing deep dives and exploratory analysis with any data that interests you
- Sharing your findings and concrete recommendations across the company in order to drive business impact
What skills do I need? 📖
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- 4+ years of work experience in analytics/data science or a directly related field – some of which should be in a technology environment
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analyses/recommendations in order to drive business impact
- An understanding of SaaS business models and key metrics
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills, fluency with BI/visualization tools, and deep knowledge of Excel, R, Python, or other analysis tools
- Some experience building basic data science models to provide deeper insights
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!