The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Senior Social Media Manager at Intercom you’ll be a key member of our content team, helping to amplify the impact of all our marketing activities. We’ve built a large, engaged audience across all our social media channels and now we’re ready to take take things to the next level with a dedicated Social Media Manager who can set and implement strategy across the company.
You will own and significantly enhance Intercom’s social media strategy so that it becomes an even larger driver of our growth (we’re already one of the fastest growing SaaS companies around).
This role will require a combination of creativity, strategic thinking and execution. You won’t simply be posting content to our existing social accounts but will be partnering with teams across the company – from Events to R&D, Communications to Demand Generation – to ensure we maximize the benefits from the social platforms we engage on. Right now those channels are primarily Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, but a big part of your role will be adding new channels so that Intercom is involved in the conversation wherever our customers and potential customers are.
You’ll be responsible for sharing and promoting the award-winning blog posts, podcasts and books we publish, but you’ll also constantly be on the look out for opportunities to share insights into our our culture and knowledge from across the company.
This is a strategically important role on a content team that’s considered one of the best in the business and will be resourced accordingly.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Senior Social Media Manager you will:
- Be responsible for implementing and evolving Intercom’s social media strategy and ensuring it is aligned with our overall company strategy.
- Ensure everything we share embodies our voice and tone, while also meeting our high bar for quality.
- Create and manage a social media calendar that will enable us post to our social media accounts several times a day.
- Proactively monitor, engage in and respond to social media conversations that Intercom should be part of to amplify our influence.
- Develop, maintain and grow partnerships with influencers.
- Amplify the impact of our sponsorship and speaking slots at events through live sharing of updates, photos and video.
- Care deeply about sharing our content far and wide. You’ll be bursting with creative ideas about how we can grow our audience with new tactics and expansion to new platforms.
- Partner with our Customer Support team to ensure customers looking for help on any social platform are being responded to quickly and effectively.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years of experience in a social media or community role – some of which should be in a B2B technology environment
- 6+ years of experience in a marketing role
- First class writing and editing ability--you produce engaging, accurate copy even under time pressure
- Familiarity with all major social platforms and the common tools (e.g Buffer, Tweetdeck, image editing software) needed to use them effectively
- Strong understanding of the key social media metrics and a proven ability to track and report the impact of social media
- Keen awareness of the relationship between social media and content marketing
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and practices, both theoretical and practical
- Passion for technology and genuine curiosity about software products
- Familiarity with social advertising experience and its application in community building a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!