The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We're looking for a Director, Customer Support to join our exceptional leadership team in Chicago, Illinois. The Director, Customer Support will have a heavy hand in planning and executing strategy for our Support organization, with responsibilities surrounding capacity planning, shift management, and team development and pathing. In this role, you’ll be scaling our rapidly growing Support team (the global team being about 100 people) as we build out our Chicago office to be our main Support epicenter. We need someone who can be both competent at operational excellence and an outstanding people leader.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Effectively translate the vision, mission and goals of the organization into a global actionable strategy for support
- Provide strong leadership to your organization while driving our mission to make internet business personal
- Own the entire support organization globally and ensure we have the correct resources while also planning future organizational design
- Provide excellent management and development to the current management team and hire and develop new talent as we scale
- Create a culture of learning and development within the support organization while inspiring and leading the broader support team - ensuring that the customer support team is an ambassador within Intercom for the customer’s needs
- Drive improvements to our process, how we work and how we measure our work in order to increase our overall customer experience
- Effectively manage cross-regional and cross-functional relationships within Intercom to ensure excellent communication and collaboration
- Some travel required
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience in people management; 1+ years in second line leadership preferred
- 5+ years in leading and managing support organizations at a SaaS or tech company highly preferred
- Experience leading a scaled support team and working in high-growth, performance-focused environments required
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously; experience driving cross-functional collaborative projects strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering strong results with overall company success as top priority required
- Bachelor's Degree
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!