The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations team is looking to hire our first Leadership Development Program Manager for our SF office! You will help build and scale a program that focuses on individual development, strengthening our leadership and creating a culture of learning and development. It is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a new team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our growing, global workforce.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with the Manager, People Development in Dublin to help design, build and implement learning programs for all stages of an employee’s life at Intercom. This will include professional growth, leadership development, effective management programs, and company-wide initiatives to empower and embed our culture
- Partner with Manager, People Development and People Operations team (Business Partners in particular)
- Work closely with Leadership/People Operations to understand ongoing needs and strive for continuous improvement and upgrades in training program effectiveness
- Partner with organization leaders to implement innovative training solutions (e.g., classroom, e-learning, and social networking tools), that address organizational skills gaps and enable successful achievement of business objectives and continuous learning
- Manage relationships with external partners supporting our teams in San Francisco and Chicago. This will include building a vendor network, selecting appropriate vendors locally, educating them about Intercom and managing their interactions to deliver outstanding programs for Intercomrades
- Partner with the People Operations team to assess and measure employee engagement with key learning programmes and evaluate ROI and impact of learning transfer
- Define and track business impact metrics and ROI on training investments
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in a learning and development role
- Experience developing, managing and facilitating relevant programs, curriculum and materials and experience designing a thoughtful and impactful training and development program
- Experience creating innovative learning programs that address varying levels of experience and learning styles in a diverse culture
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, in small and large settings, on a variety of professional development content areas
- Understand how projects support People Development and business goals, ensuring that initiatives align with the People Development vision, strategy, and implementation requirements to drive results in a performance-based learning culture
- You have strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment, and exceptional independent problem-solving skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
Experience in a technology company environment is highly desired
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!