The Human Resources Business Partner plays a pivotal role in working closely with the Management Team in building out the Talent Management practice to support this growing business and overall employee performance.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Works closely with the Chief Talent Officer to create, develop and implement talent management programs and services that support Intelex’s business objectives, performance objectives and growth plans.
- Provide responsive, high quality specialist advice supporting Managers on all aspects of the talent management function with an emphasis on taking shared responsibility and ownership for decision making involving people issues.
- Facilitate timely resolution of all employee relations issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy.
- Develop of talent programs and services required to support the development of a performance based culture and the achievement of business objectives.
- Creation, implementation and management of talent policies, processes and programs working closely with the management team.
- Support the management of illness and/or disability related to either occupational or non-occupational absences and support the business with the development of Return to Work Plans and accommodation.
- HR legislative compliance (Canada/UK) and employment law (i.e. employee relations and employment documentation) including health and safety.
- Organizational Management – role and scope of responsibility documentation (i.e. organizational structures and corresponding job descriptions), provide consul on the use of cross-functional project teams, career management and succession planning for key individual contributor roles within the organization.
- Provide advice and support for change management initiatives, organizational/departmental restructures, and job role redesign.
- Support Recruitment, Onboarding, Career Planning, Learning and Development as well as retention of key employees critical to achieving business objectives in collaboration with the Management Team.
- Employee Communications – ensure branding and key messaging alignment working in collaboration with Marketing (i.e. Employee Surveys, Recruitment Materials, etc.).
- Day to day management of Canadian and UK benefit plans and third party vendor relationship management.
- Employee Performance Management – performance assessment and management process, learning and development, and employee career management.
- Support Employee Compensation Programs – Salary, Benefits, Bonus/Commission Structures, Profit Sharing, etc.
- Seek to continuously improve the quality and value of the HR service provided to the organization.
- Special projects as required.
- Reports to the Chief Talent Officer.
- Builds close collaborative relationships with all levels of management.
- Builds relationships of trust with all employees across the organization.
Skills & Work Traits
- Ability to champion and promote new and innovative ideas that contribute to the aims and objectives of the business as a whole as well as meeting the needs of business units across the organization.
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative from concept through to implementation.
- Ability to communicate and engage with employees at all levels internally as well as with external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to bridge cross-functional boundaries within the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian and UK labour laws.
- Strong HR generalist background and business experience.
- Ability to act as a professional trusted advisor to the business in the management of all people related matters.
- Proven ability to develop a good understanding of business issues and how to identify and deliver HR interventions and solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and act as a change agent within the organization by leveraging strong working relationships built on trust.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Quality Management Systems would be considered a strong asset.
- Technical proficiency including the Microsoft Office Suite and the management of a HRIS.
- Experience working with Dayforce considered an asset.
- 3-5 years progressive Human Resources background with experience gained in technology environments.
- Having developed an HR function alongside the growth of a global business would be beneficial to this role.
- A Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration
- HR Designation, considered an asset.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com