The Business Development Representative supports Intelex’s strong drive for sales, revenue and overall aggressive growth of the business. The Business Development Representative generates sales ready leads via inbound prospecting by phone and email from industry and specific targeted vertical markets as defined by sales and marketing strategies.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel Intelex’s rapid growth
- Conduct high level conversations and market research with Senior Executives
- Dissemination of key messages, initiatives and of information pertaining to the value of the Intelex solution
- Have a technical understanding of and ability to articulate and demonstrate Intelex’s product line and value proposition
- Work in collaboration with a team of Account Executives
- Achieve monthly/quarterly quotas of Sales Accepted Opportunities
- Report on any new market trends that may provide additional insight to sales and marketing to build out messaging for targeted audiences
- Cold and warm calls at all levels, including senior executive levels to engage early in the buying process to discover prospect needs
- Utilize a variety of methods and resources to generate leads
- Utilize Salesforce and other sales tools to track and maintain leads
- Conducting discovery and introductory conversations with decision-makers
- Understanding of industry trends and challenges
- Actively build product knowledge to ensure a high level of literacy on the Intelex systems as well as new functionality
- Reports to the Team Lead, Business Development.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization
Skills & Work Traits
- Ability to communicate at a high level with various internal and external parties such as clients, vendors, employees and executives
- Strong communication skills
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding and interest in sales and driving revenue.
- Understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety or Quality practices (considered an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Work, and Excel)
- Sales background in technology is considered asset
- Salesforce or CRM experience also considered an asset
- Minimum of 1 year of customer acquisition experience
- Experience prospecting for opportunities
- Post-Secondary Education or equivalent experience.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com