The Director, Services is responsible for providing management direction to the consulting teams located in Denver delivering successful implementation projects directly to our clients and with our consulting partners as well as the overall management of the Denver office. This includes ensuring the needs of the clients are being met, managing the quality of services delivered by the Intelex team and Intelex consulting partners, assisting with escalations and recruiting new team members, and working with R&D, Product Management, HR, Finance and Facilities in our Toronto office as required
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Identify project priorities and assignments.
- Track and monitor project deliverables, budgets and efficiency.
- Resolve project resource bottlenecks and balance the distribution of the team’s productive effort.
- Provide second-line support for client project escalations with a strong commitment to client success, including active listening, clarification of problem, determination of corrective action, and resolution of the problem.
- Administer expenditure decisions once the project budget has been approved.
- Responsible for leadership of people management activities including recruitment, onboarding, setting expectations, performance management, coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for providing business direction, coaching and mentoring to the Consulting Managers who each manages teams of 4-8 consultants.
- Manage capacity planning for the team in order to identify additional headcount requirements and proactively support team leads on project resourcing.
- Work with the Customer Engagement senior management team to identify areas for continuous improvements in the area of hiring, skills training, client service and product knowledge.
Consulting Partners Enablement and Success
- Develop a partner success mentality and organization
- Enable consulting partners to service Intelex clients through the Intelex Certification program
- Build a dedicated partner support and success function
- Provide second-line support for partner project escalations with a strong commitment to partner success, including active listening, clarification of problem, determination of corrective action, and resolution of the problem..
- Work with Research and Development, as required, to escalate and prioritize product / development issues.
- Work with the Customer Engagement Solution Architects, as required, to escalate and prioritize solution design considerations.
- Work with Customer Engagement Central Services, as required, to asses and estimate prospective engagements.
- Report and monitor revenue performance.
- Develop and make policy recommendations in order to improve team effectiveness.
- Report key performance indicators in order to demonstrate a trend of operational stability, predictability and improvement.
- Travel to client locations within Canada, the United States and occasional international travel may be required.
- Responsible for overseeing the Denver office, and working with HR, Finance, Facilities and IT in support of ensuring that the physical plant and systems provide an efficient, responsive and pleasant work environment
- Ensure Denver has a voice in the organization for programs and processes which may be unique to the Denver office.
- Acts as a communications liaison between the Denver and Toronto offices
- Works as a cultural champion and encourages employee retention and productivity.
- Reports to the SVP, Customer Engagement
Skills & Work Traits
- History of demonstrated success in driving and delivering strong organizational results.
- Logical problem-solving approach, ability to clearly communicate business problems and proposed solutions to the client.
- Track record in recruiting and building a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting.
- Experience building internal and external relationships, and mitigating past difficult personalities or situations.
- Excellent program management and project management skills.
- Self-motivated to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge.
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Prior experience working with CRM software, project management and forecasting tools
- Comprehensive grasp of enterprise application requirements / architecture
- Prior experience reporting greenhouse gas emissions under Title 40, Chapter I, Subchapter C, Part 98 of the Code of Federal Regulations preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a client-facing, environmental consulting or software delivery role required
- 5 years’ experience in people management and leadership roles.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Quality Management Systems preferred.
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent experience. Applied science Bachelor’s degree or related field (Engineering, Physics, Geology, Environmental Studies) preferred.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,000 clients and 1 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies, the recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies, and Aon Hewitt’s best employer awards. For more information, visit www.intelex.com