Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Responsible for design/implementation of the new features/solutions that supports customer use cases in existing/new software products
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating, and building software.
- Delivers on sprint commitments by working proactively with collaborators to identify and navigate obstacles.
- Collaborate with multi-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients.
- Mentor their team members on new technologies, architecture, and standard methodologies.
- Drive continuous improvement/continuous deployment (Hosting and DevOps) across teams
- Fosters a security-first approach across those teams, leading by example.
- Reports to Manager, Software Development
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Proactive, creative and self-directed with a dedication to excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and the craft of software development.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Active interest and participation in DevOps as a culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and participation in a culture of writing things down.
- Effective research skills combined with the ability to generate options to make technology and architectural decisions.
- Able to switch context between the big picture and the details to identify
- Proven track record to coach and mentor other engineers.
- Committed to building high quality, secure, performant product and willing to pursue new learning in these areas.
- Voice support for the creation of effective user experiences.
- Experience developing large scale web applications and a detailed understanding of common architecture choices for them.
- Excellent understanding of relational database design including table design and optimization, transactions, stored procedures and constraints.
- A proven understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Self-guided learning of new tools, technologies and stacks.
- Understanding of NoSQL and unstructured storage technologies used to optimize high-scale applications and the ability to apply them to different parts of a system.
- A solid understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- Five or more years professional experience in Software Development/Engineering
- Professional experience within an agile development practice
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com