Our Finance team is looking for a General Accountant to join our growing team. As the General Accountant, Revenue you will be an integral part of supporting our commercial team with our go-to- market strategy. Along with daily accounting responsibilities, this is a cross-functional role, providing a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of our order to cash process.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Coordinate the sales tax process, including but not limited to;
- analysis of sales data inputs, coordination of submission of sales tax returns using automated tax software (Avalara)
- collaborate with internal tax team and external advisors on sales tax exposure
- reconcile sales tax general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- other sales and use tax duties, as required
- Work closely with the Revenue Operations team to ensure commission and incentive compensation is administered appropriately and recorded correctly.
- Work closely with the Global Services team to ensure project data and services revenue is presented accurately.
- Support month-end close process by preparing monthly recurring entries related to accounts receivable, deferred revenue, revenue, sales commission, and sales tax.
- Support monthly account reconciliations for all related general ledger accounts.
- Complete bank reconciliations and post daily cash applications for incoming payments.
- Coordinate with the Accounts Receivable team to maintain an accurate subledger.
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable and Revenue Operations to ensure customer account and billing information is correct and orders are consistent with contract terms, investigating discrepancies where necessary.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and integrity of revenue accounting information.
- Provide support for day-to-day account requests received from the Sales, Services, and Customer Success teams.
- Assist with the annual audit and with documentation and monitoring of internal controls and processes related to revenue.
- Complete ad hoc project work as necessary.
- Reports to the Senior Finance Manager, Revenue
- Works in collaboration with other members of the Finance, Revenue Operations and Customer Success teams.
Qualifications Skills & Work Trait
- High attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Willingness to learn new financial systems and overall tech-savviness.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel and Outlook).
- Prior experience with Salesforce and/or Financial Force considered an asset (preferred).
- Prior experience with Avalara considered a significant asset (preferred).
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience in an accounting role.
- Experience in a software or subscription business considered an asset.
- Experience with revenue accounting for software considered an asset.
- Experience with commission and sales tax considered an asset.
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA designation or working towards it considered an asset.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web- based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.