The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience combined with excellent communication skills and a keen interest to work for a team focused organization.
*This is a remote role and we welcome applicants from Canada and the UK*
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Hands on experience monitoring, managing and maintaining high availability web systems as a System Administrator Engineer/DBA.
- Follow and champion ITIL Best Practices and Standards.
- Maintain and support Firewall, Load balancer, Databases, Web Systems and Server Security Systems.
- Maintenance of data backups and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Leverage the use of industry standard tools including: Nagios, Alert Logic, New Relic, Log Analytics, Application Insights, etc. to ensure that our customers enjoy best in class service.
- Execute routine Service Requests, with an expectation that future requests will be automated where possible.
- Monitor Windows, Network and Infrastructure trends to ensure that we are ready to scale with expected rapid growth.
- Become a resource for knowledge of emerging and existing Cloud Technologies with and focus on Azure
- Support the automated installation, upkeep and monitoring of new applications and technology.
- Knowledge of SFTP, PowerShell automation scripts and SSO technology
- Hands on experience in analyzing Application logs, IIS logs, System logs and security logs using event views and log manager.
- Contribute to Operation and Development Tools
- Reports to the Director, SaaS Delivery.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional teams within the organization
Skills & Work Traits
- Able to work independently as well as a willingness to help others
- Be a self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Application Insights, AppDynamics or Dynatrace
- Experience with maintenance and administration of Windows and Linux Servers
- Experience with automation using scripting languages, such as PowerShell, YAML, JSON or similar
- Configuration management experience - Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Terraform, Azure Automation Run book or similar
- Working knowledge of CI/CD Process and Tools
- Experience with SQL Server database maintenance and administration.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience supporting and building Windows/Linux servers.
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud technologies including Azure, AWS
- 1+ years experience working with container technology including docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with webhosting technologies
- Completed post-secondary education in a Technology program or related field
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.