The Technical Client Partner supports Sales by securing the “technical close” in Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ) solutions. During the pre-sales cycle, the Technical Client Partner collaborates with Sales, Professional Services, Product Engineering, Information Security, Legal, and technical support resources to represent and advocate for the technical architecture, integrations and security of the Intelex system. Additionally, the Technical Client Partner works to scope professional services engagements from both an effort and a technical feasibility perspective to address customer needs, ensure accurate level of effort and solution fit, and reduce risk areas.
Most of our team is based in Toronto but we are opening up this position to interested candidates from across all of Ontario.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote / work from home until further notice.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Technical pre-sales engineering and consultation. This may include participating in the RFx process and presenting the technical and security offering to customers and prospective customers.
- Provide technical guidance on integrations such as SAML2.0, RESTful web services, Odata and flat file.
- Provide guidance on regulatory and compliance topics such as GDPR, ISO, HIPAA, SOC and so on.
- Work closely with legal teams to participate in drafting and negotiating commercial documents such as license agreements, hosting master agreements, data protection agreements and so on.
- Responsible for helping generate software and services revenue while meeting assigned targets for sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Participates in both onsite and online pre-sales presentations with members of the sales team; preparing and delivering customer presentations
- Provides ongoing feedback to Product and Information Security teams for the continuous improvement of the service offering. Acts as a customer advocate in these areas.
- Reports to the Manager, Services Sales
Skills & Work Traits
- Comfort level, and interest, in technical architecture, security and compliance subject areas.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Understanding, experience, interest in SaaS.
- Understanding of SaaS performance requirements and delighting customers with hosting excellence and service reliability
- High level knowledge and willingness to learn data residency, protection and assurance initiatives (e.g., CSA, ISO27001, HIPAA, PHI issues, GDPR, and so on).
- Continuous learner who stays apprised of technical, information security, and data privacy trends
- Strong communication, project manager, presentation, and soft skills
- Quickly and easily builds relationships internally and externally as a trusted advisor
- Understanding of the software implementation project lifecycle.
- Knowledge on responding to and analyzing RFP/RFI/RFQ’s.
- Ability to communicate with various internal and external parties such as clients, vendors, employees and executives.
- Strong written and verbal skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Results driven with a proven ability to project a positive sales attitude.
- Ability to understand business needs in order to align the business need into system capabilities.
- Self-motivated to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge.
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others.
- Understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety or Quality considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential considered an asset
- Experience with API, SAML2.0, Information Security concepts an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in Software, Technical Project Management, or Technical Consulting role.
- Experience with non-functional requirements (integrations, security, and so on) considered an asset
- Experience presenting and negotiating services or software proposals.
- Experience implementing software solutions an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.