Our Developers bring passion, craftsmanship and innovation to the development and delivery of Intelex’s software products, with the objective of delighting our customers and empowering them with industry-leading capabilities and UX. Intelex is looking for talented Mobile / React developers to extend its Mobile group. They will work with back-end web REST API developers and Product Owners to design and implement new Mobile features. They collaborate with their peers within an agile (Scrum / Kanban) practice. Our team is moving toward a continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) model and DevOps as a culture. We work with a range of mobile applications technologies, including React Native as well as Microsoft technologies (C#, Azure, .NET, SQL).
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Design and develop new features and solutions that support customer use cases in existing and new software products
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating, and building software.
- Deliver on sprint commitments by working proactively with stakeholders to identify and navigate obstacles
- Build high-performing software with an evolving set of tools across several technology stacks and participate in the stewardship of our development process
- Creating unit tests and integration tests
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients
- Reports to the Manager, Software Development
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients
- Highly motivated, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence
- Commitment to continuous learning and improving in the craft of software development
- Exceptional analysis and troubleshooting skills, and ability to locate, utilize, and disseminate information
- Active interest and participation in DevOps as a culture
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with React Native iOS/Android mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of a mobile cross platform framework and/or experience with React is highly valued.
- Solid understanding of user interface and user experience principles.
- Solid understanding of relational database technology covering design, queries, transactions, stored procedures, triggers, constrains and optimization.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java.
- Experience with Agile tools, such as Jira.
- Experience with Source Control tools, such as GitHub.
- Experience with automation tools, such as Appium.
- 0 to 3 years of professional web or mobile applications development experience.
- Experience building production-ready mobile applications on iOS and/or Android is highly valued
- Some professional experience within an agile development practice.
- Some professional experience within a software product of SaaS organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety, and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.