Senior Product Manager
Intelex is on a mission to end death on the job by 2050. We're doing this through a portfolio solutions that help companies drive continuous improvement in their environmental, health and safety and quality performance.
Our customers use our product platform to build apps that drive a safer, cleaner and more efficient business. We're passionate about helping more businesses around the world achieve these outcomes through out-of-the-box, best-in-class applications built on the Intelex platform and designed by EHSQ subject matter experts. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience – every time.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the Intelex Platform Services Portfolio. Intelex’s product platform enables a broad portfolio of standard applications and customer-tailored solutions. As the Platform Product Manager, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team to define and realize Intelex’s product strategy. This role will lead the prioritization and management of the Platform Roadmap which includes new features and capabilities, technology updates, and lifecycle management.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Responsible for the success of the Platform Services portfolio. You will work with all stakeholders to determine what success is (metrics) and ensure metrics are tied to the company’s long-term goals and strategy.
- Generate business plans for strategic new product innovation and investments in technologies and talent around management system business processes and jobs to be done.
- Develop and maintain the product portfolio roadmap ensuring that is regularly updated and aligned to company strategy.
- Work with Engineering, User Experience, Customer Support, Services, Sales and Marketing leadership to support a culture of continuous improvement, data driven decision making and effective information flow.
- Ensure frequent touchpoints with internal and external stakeholders to communicate solicit input and feedback on product plans as well as communicate progress.
- Track and report the profit and loss of investments made within the portfolio.
- Lead and support a lean development approach so that offerings can evolve into best-in-class products.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to plan launches and assist with GTM planning.
- Support Sales and Marketing at events, such as webinars, conferences and analyst demos.
- Support Sales in RFI and RFP responses as well as prospect calls to communicate product direction.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to find growth opportunities across portfolios.
- Represent your portfolio in cross-department planning meetings.
- Work closely with Product Owners to prioritize work items for product plans driving portfolio performance against short- and long-term measurements.
- Stay connected to the trends affecting EHSQ business functions to ensure Intelex's applications are evolving appropriately.
- Reports to the Director of Product Management
Skills & Work Traits
- Market-driven, customer-centric approach to understanding product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Ability to solicit constructive input and build consensus from different stakeholders
- Highly motivated, creative and self-directed with a commitment to excellence
- Skilled at providing clear, data-driven direction and managing Teams through organizational and product portfolio change
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning & professional development
- Exceptional analysis and troubleshooting skills, and ability to locate, utilize, and disseminate information
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-disciplined team
- Strong coaching & communication skills
- Ability to develop working relationships with business unit stakeholders as needed to accomplish organizational goals
- Ability to help technical and non-technical audiences digest complex problems to ensure alignment and encourage collaboration
- A great listener who is able to take input from various stakeholders and experts and can empower others to work together to achieve something “bigger than me”
- Strong understanding of corporate management systems and standards (e.g. ISO standards), industry trends, regulations, and best practices
- Experience with Product Management best-practices including market analysis, roadmap planning, go-to-market and product portfolio management
- Proven ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into successful product strategies, roadmaps and detailed guidance for product teams
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop high performing teams
- Industry experience with enterprise software platforms, software-as-a-service product portfolios and technology transformation projects
- Experience within an Agile/Lean development practice
- Managing products across a full lifecycle from inception to end-of-life/deprecation
- Designed, deployed, performed, and managed enterprise software platforms and supporting activities for a business-to-business (B2B) software-as-a-service portfolio
- Experience managing a portfolio of technology products and services
- Strong level of competence with Aha! and JIRA or similar management tools
- Post-secondary qualification in business management, quality management, business continuity, risk management and related fields or related experience strongly preferred
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration/Management
- Product Management certifications (AIPMM certifications, Pragmatic Marketing certifications)
- Lean Six Sigma or similar quality certification
- Project Management certifications
- Agile certifications (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, etc.)
- Design Thinking
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification