Consultants at Intelex help some of the largest organizations in the marketplace drive positive change by implementing software that enables them to achieve specific Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) goals. They serve clients in a variety of different industry sectors such as Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Infrastructure, and Energy by configuring software to meet the specific needs of each organization. As a leader in the EHS software space, a consultant at Intelex is able to leverage subject matter knowledge to guide customers to the best possible solution to address an ever-changing landscape of requirements such as OSHA reporting, air emissions monitoring, ISO compliance, sustainability, and more.
Most of our team is based in Toronto but we are opening up this position to interested candidates from across all of Ontario and British Columbia.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote / work from home until further notice.
Skills & Work Traits
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you are lost (or help others when asked!)
- Solving puzzles and working out kinks is exciting to you.
- You are a chameleon that can adjust your language to fit your audience and clearly communicate problems and solutions.
- You have an ability to speak confidently about technical subject matter – especially when you don’t know all the answers.
- You are humble and view each day as a learning opportunity.
- You have a system for tracking your own tasks – and it doesn’t involve sticky notes.
- You are not afraid to push your products/tools to the limit to do the best work possible.
- You provide solutions that are scalable rather than one-off band aids.
- Prior experience with configuring software
- Experience working with application requirements
- Prior experience working in an environment where time management and tracking was required.
- Prior understanding of relational database management systems.
- Experience working with application architecture.
- Prior experience with MS Office.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Ensures the timely submission of time and expense reports.
- Adheres to project scope, deadlines and schedules.
- Develops and delivers client-specific training programs during the project implementation.
- Assists in the development of client-specific training material.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions with clients in order to identify business objectives.
- Develops and maintains detailed specifications documentation and configures software for client review and approval
- Conducts specifications and prototype review meetings to validate requirements.
- Conducts design review meetings to ensure developed system meets all requirements.
- Effectively adheres to the Intelex implementation methodology and enforces project standards.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Serves as subject matter expert with respect to best practice implementation strategies.
- Actively promotes considerations for usability and user experience throughout implementation lifecycle
- Ensures optimal system functionality through design of reports, dashboards and homepages.
- Supports System Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Understands Intelex's product release and patch process, planning potential client impact accordingly.
- Works with Application Support to facilitate the resolution of client technical problems.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Assists in the management of client expectations within the parameters of the agreement.
- Identifies success story candidates for announcement to client community.
- Travel to client locations may be required only applicable once travel is permitted and safe. Expected travel – 30-40%.
- Reports to the Consultant Team Lead, Global Services
- 2 years’ + consulting experience in a client-facing, software delivery environment.
- 2 years’ + consulting experience and a knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Quality Management Systems, considered an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com