Are you looking for an opportunity to join a leading software company that is making a difference in the world? If so, you should apply to be a part of our team! Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies with a mission to help companies track and manage their Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality operations.
As Legal Counsel, you will be instrumental in the sales process, owning each contract negotiation, engaging internal and external stakeholders, and contributing to the continued growth of the corporation. As a representative of Intelex, you will be responsive and expeditious, with an eye to making each negotiation smoother than the last. In this role you will be joining a dynamic legal team, reporting to the Director of Legal and the General Counsel.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Conduct initial review, and manage deadlines for all internal contract requests from various company departments
- Draft and prepare client agreements, including pricing proposals, master services agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and partnership/strategic alliance agreements
- Stay up to date with Data Privacy legislation and provide guidance to internal teams to maintain compliance.
- Maintain, log, organize, track, and update all existing and pending contracts in databases.
- Support departmental process improvements relating to contracts, including company-wide document control.
- Negotiate sales contracts (software licenses and SaaS subscription agreements).
- Engage with internal business units (most often the Sales teams) to drive organizational growth.
- Reports to the Director of Legal and the General Counsel
Skills & Work Traits
- Highly motivated, organized, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize between competing projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with internal departments as well as external clients and vendors.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to learn and work with technology resources such as Salesforce and other relevant online resources
- Admitted to practice in Canada.
- 2-5 years of contract law experience, with in-house experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of technology agreements.
- Experience with internet-related agreements and policies, SaaS and cloud computing is preferred.
- Experience in the technology sector is strongly preferred.
- Experience interpreting data protection laws (GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA)
- A law degree from an accredited law school
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.