As a key member of the Finance Team, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for monthly management reporting, preparation of monthly/quarterly forecasts and support for annual budgets, as well as ad hoc analysis and reporting as required to various stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Serve as a key driver of annual budget process, maintain and update monthly forecasts to ensure accuracy
- Perform variance analysis for assigned Revenue Streams and Cost Functions
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance.
- Own monthly management reporting and ensuring they are available on the scheduled date
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial & operational reporting for budget owners
- Act as a business partner to various operational teams to build financial models and analysis as required to aid business planning and decision support
- Assist on M&A integration within tight deadlines
- Continually improve management reporting and dashboards via software & tools (ie. Adaptive Insights)
- Suggest, implement, and document process improvements including opportunities to automate.
- Complete ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Works in collaboration with other members of the Finance Team.
- Works to support key organizational business units.
Skills & Work Traits
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong communication skills to teach financial concepts both financial and non-financial peers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Comfortable with web-based tools for Finance & Business Planning
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Power BI and/or Adaptive Insights considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of total work experience, including at least 2 years’ experience in FP&A (required)
- Prior SaaS FP&A experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Accounting, or a related field, and or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or related post-graduate certification (i.e. MBA, CFA)
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.