Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Design and develop new features and solutions that support customer use cases in existing and new software products.
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating and building software.
- Deliver on sprint commitments by working proactively with stakeholders to identify and navigate obstacles.
- Build high-performing software with an evolving set of tools across several technology stacks and participate in the stewardship of our development process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients.
- Reports to Team Lead, Software Engineering
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Proactive, creative and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and the craft of software development.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Active interest and participation in DevOps as a culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and participation in a culture of writing things down.
- Committed to building high quality, secure, performant product and willing to pursue new learning in these areas.
- Experience developing large scale web applications.
- Excellent understanding of relational database design including table design and optimization, transactions, stored procedures and constraints.
- A solid understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Self-guided learning of new tools, technologies and stacks.
- Three or more years of professional web application development experience for intermediate candidates.
- Professional experience within an agile development practice.
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.