As part of the Enterprise Delivery Division of Customer Engagement, the Consultant is part of a team that is responsible for leading large clients through their entire Intelex software implementation.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Ensures the timely submission of time and expense reports.
- Adheres to project scope, deadlines and schedules.
- Develops and delivers client-specific training programs during the project implementation.
- Assists in the development of client-specific training material.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions with clients in order to identify business objectives.
- Develops detailed specifications and prototypes for client review and approval.
- Conducts specifications and prototype review meetings to validate requirements.
- Conducts design review meetings to ensure developed system meets all requirements.
- Effectively adheres to the Intelex COMPASS implementation methodology and enforces project standards.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Serves as subject matter expert with respect to best practice implementation strategies.
- Ensures optimal system functionality through design of reports, dashboards and homepages.
- Supports System Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Understands Intelex's product release and patch process, planning potential client impact accordingly.
- Works with Application Support to facilitate the resolution of client technical problems.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Assists in the management of client expectations within the parameters of the agreement.
- Identifies success story candidates for announcement to client community.
- Travel to client locations within Canada, the United States and occasional international travel required. Expected travel – 30-40%.
- Reports to the Team Lead and/or Senior Manager, Consulting
Skills & Work Traits
- History of demonstrated success in driving and delivering strong organizational results.
- Logical problem-solving approach, ability to clearly communicate business problems and proposed solutions to the client.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting.
- Experience building internal and external relationships, and mitigating past difficult personalities or situations.
- Self-motivated to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge.
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others .
- Prior experience with configuring software and an understanding of relational database management systems.
- Experience working with application requirements and architecture.
- Prior experience working in an environment where time management and tracking was required.
- Prior experience with MS Office.
- 1-3 years consulting experience in a client-facing, software delivery environment.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Quality Management Systems, considered an asset.
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com