About the role
As the Principal Product Manager for Intelex Connect, you will be working with design, marketing and subject matter experts to formulate, test and execute the Connect strategy. You will be responsible for some of the highest impact initiatives that will shape the company and EHSQ industry. Connect includes one of the largest communities of EHSQ professionals, reporting the value of EHSQ programs via reports and dashboards as well as innovative ways to engage frontline employees including IIOT and wearables.
Product Management at Intelex is collaborative and design driven. You will have a design counterpart to ensure we’re building things that are friendly and familiar and you will manage a team of Product Managers to ensure we work on the right things at the right time.
We’re looking for a design-driven product thinker with a proven history of shipping high-engagement products for both Enterprise and Mid-Market customers. You should feel comfortable balancing ambiguity with data gathering in order to make the most informed decision within a short amount of time. You are collaborative and can employ different techniques when working with technical or non-technical stakeholders. You have a passion for building, supporting and growing Product Management teams.
Achieving Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality excellence requires strong alignment and collaboration within an organization.
Connect is Intelex’s commitment to investing in tools that make it easier to share knowledge and collaborate on EHSQ best-practices within your company. Tools like digital bulletins, easy to understand reports, intuitive task management and easy data capture all fall under the Connect portfolio.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Launch and nurture products
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Continuously improve and optimize how we ship a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- Empower a team of driven Product Managers to discover, deliver and nurture new features and enhancements that achieve market milestones
- Work with team and stakeholders to define portfolio objectives and performance metrics
- Takes on a role in recruiting and employee Product Managers including hands-on development and mentoring
- Plays an active role in the representation of the Company and Connect vision at community forums & events
- Represents and communicates the Connect vision and roadmap to customers and partners on calls and industry events
- Reports to the Senior Director of Product Management
Skills & Work Traits
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Ability to solicit constructive input from and build consensus from different stakeholders
- Highly motivated, creative and collaborative with a commitment to customer success
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning & professional development
- Exceptional analysis and troubleshooting skills, and ability to locate, utilize, and disseminate information
- Preference for collaborative work as a member of a multi-discipline leadership team
- Strong coaching & communication skills
- Ability to develop working relationships with business unit stakeholders
- Ability to manage a diverse group of EHSQ professionals
- Ability to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
- Strong understanding of Product Management best-practices including roadmap planning, Go-To-Market strategy and project management
- Strong understanding of EHS&Q regulations and best practices
- UI design including task and workflow analysis and prototyping will be an asset
- Experience in Environment, Health and Safety, or Quality Management and involved with enterprise software requirements definition and implementation strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience working on products that have a high level of engagement
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop high performing teams
- You know how to get product from ‘shipped’ to ‘adopted and loved’
- Post-secondary qualification in Design and/or Environmental, Health and Safety or Quality related fields strongly preferred
- Master's Degree or entrepreneurial experience will be an asset
- Pragmatic Certification will be a strong asset
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.