The IT Service Desk Analyst’s role is to ensure proper support of all internal end user technologies. This includes documenting all end user requests and resolving issues within defined service level agreements (SLAs). The IT Service Desk Analyst will embody a customer service mindset and apply proven technical, communication and problem solving skills to help identify and resolve end user issues and requests.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Field incoming requests from internal users via telephone, email, web and in-person requests.
- Document all pertinent information related to resolving and tracking the status of an issue, or request.
- Access all available resources available to aid in issue resolution. I.e. internet/intranet/knowledge base/ITSM tracking system.
- Escalate issues, when required, to the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Evaluate issue trends and resolutions and document for future use.
- Deploy all end user computing technology & assist in system implementation as required.
- Ensuring software migrations are successful through infrastructure support.
- Create and maintain standard PC images and software packages.
- Coordinate 3rd party IT providers including office facilities contacts.
- Coordinate IT projects as required.
- All other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and maintenance of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Maintaining data backups and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Monitoring of internal infrastructure.
- Maintenance of software compliance.
- Maintenance of hardware & software inventory.
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Reports to the Director, Corporate IT.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization.
Skills & Work Traits
- Demonstrates a strong customer service mindset.
- Strong technical support knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of ITIL.
- Strong communication skills and able to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize, and coordinate tasks and IT projects to meet multiple deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to create and maintain professional relationships with colleagues.
- Experience with:
- MS Office 365
- Azure Active Directory
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Windows Enterprise
- Windows Server
- MAC OSX
- iOS & Android
- JAMF Mobile Device Management
- Any industry standard ITSM tracking system, however experience in ServiceNow is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience working in a IT Service Desk Analyst, Technical Support Analyst
- Strong background in customer service and technical support
- A degree or diploma in technical support, computer networking, or system administration would be an advantage
- ITIL, MCP, and PMP certification are an asset
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com