As a Business Reporting / Data Analyst, your main responsibility is developing reports & dashboards that will be used to communicate the status of our key performance indicators (KPIs) and help drive a data-driven decision making process. This role will also support special projects to analyze and report on new market opportunities. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Analytics in the Revenue Operations department, but will work in partnership with the senior management teams in Sales, Services, Finance, HR, and our Product departments, and will often be called to talk or present data to the executive team/CEO. A successful candidate for this role is someone with a blend of technical skills, high business acumen, and a desire to learn all facets of a growing software company.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develops reports & dashboards against our key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Researches analytic methodologies and conducts metric reporting.
- Implement new tools and techniques for viewing, interpreting and communicating data and trends.
- Support changes/opportunities with data-driven decisions and measurable outcomes.
- Analyzes trends to recommend process and/or operational improvements.
- Prepares detail and summary level reports including written interpretation of analytic results and graphical representation.
- Presents results to management, including data-driven business recommendations and alternatives.
- Work closely with the Finance department to support regular business review cycles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Analytics
Skills & Work Traits
- The ability to understand technical aspects of software functions.
- Independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results and solution-oriented.
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to use the appropriate level of detail for the audience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and is an effective team member and contributor.
This person should be passionate about technology, and have exposure to at least one or more of the following:
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM tools).
- Experience with PowerBI (or other report/dashboarding tools).
- Fluent in desktop applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience identifying and recommending operational improvement opportunities through reporting, process and trend analysis
- Experience building best practices for reporting dashboards and communicate with stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to develop business reviews leveraging insights from analytics, benchmarks, and best practices.
- A degree/diploma in Mathematics, Information Management, Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.